Tina has over 25 years of aerial experience. She founded Airhedz in 1999 offering some of the very first aerial training opportunities in Kent. Her passion is Sharing the Art of Aerial with all who wish to give it a go!
In 2018 Tina was awarded a DyCP grant from ACE to further develop her aspirations in Accessible Aerial. She will share a blog on the project in November 2019. This has resulted in the following:
- BSL Level 1 passed. Level 2 ongoing.
- Supporting her work with Erin Ball at #camputee2019.
- Mentoring and advice from Alex Bulmer & Amelia Cavallo in working with blind and visually impaired people; and with Charlie Hembrow in working with Deaf people.
- Experimental aerial explorations with Beatrice Perini drawing on diverse accessible methodologies in a studio setting.
- Online training in: Disability Awareness; Autism Awareness; Safeguarding (Levels 1, 2 & 3); & Data Protection.
Her professional practice has however been incredibly broad. She has three degrees (BA, MA & PhD). She toured with traditional and contemporary circuses as an aerialist, acrobat and clown in the 1990s, before setting up Expressive Feat Productions Ltd. and making her own work.
She taught at East 15 Acting School for 10 years, setting up their Circus in a Suitcase course. Continues to work on Wicked the Musical, training the monkeys! She trained the Paralympic Opening Ceremony performers in 2012, then choreographed the two big aerial numbers. She continues to choreograph for other companies including Graeae Theatre Company and is currently writing a book.