Updated: 23rd August 2021
Airhedz will continue to follow government updates about protocols in the workplace especially related to leisure activities. As we hire venues, we will also be following the guidance set by each venue. Please see our Home Page for the most up-to-date information we are following. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
What to Wear
Please dress appropriately for the discipline you are training in, the space in which we are working, and for the safety of you and the others around you. At Airhedz this means:
• DO wear: sports clothing (such as yoga, Pilates, gym) with no zips, no buttons, or no harsh additions.
• DO wear: tight-fitting clothing that covers your torso, armpits, backs of knees and will not slip when inverting.
• DO NOT wear jeans, very baggy clothing, overly revealing garments.
• Please avoid sequins, diamante or the like as it can catch on and damage the fabric.
• NO jewellery including watches (ear/nose studs are fine); belly-piercings should be covered at all times
• If you are prone to excessive perspiration, please bring towels or additional clothing.
• We generally work in bare feet; if you have gaiters or trapeze boots please check with Tina before using these on fabric.
• If you have ankle guards or knee supports etc. please bring them with you if needed but check with Tina before using them.
Aerial Fitness & Capacity
• All those attending Airhedz aerial sessions (including Open Training) are expected to be of appropriate fitness and capacity to undertake the sessions. Incapacity may be experienced/demonstrated by for example: the use of some drugs, alcohol, hunger, and tiredness.
• All Airhedz tutors have the right to refuse anyone access to Airhedz sessions if they are, or appear to be, incapacitated in any way; this includes those participating in Open Training.
• All participants are expected to undertake an appropriate warm-up prior to aerial activity. These will be led by Airhedz staff for those on the courses and all those present are invited to participate as well. If you do not participate in a led warm-up, you are expected to run your own appropriate one. Refusal to do so may result in participation being cancelled.
• Please ensure you remain hydrated. There is no water fountain on site. Please come prepared.
Access & Disability Awareness
Wherever possible, Airhedz aerial sessions will be made accessible to disabled participants. For more information please speak to Tina Carter to see what provision can be made.
• To ensure safety for all, Airhedz has a ‘lateness’ policy. If possible, please arrive at least five minutes before your class so you can be ready to begin at the start of the session.
• We appreciate that sometimes it cannot be helped, so if you know you will be late, please contact your course tutor to find out if it will still be possible to join the class.
• If you are late, it will be at the discretion of the course tutor as to whether or not you can join the session; you may be asked to observe rather than actively participate.
• If you are more than 15 minutes late, you will NOT be able to participate in the class.
• Please note that for Aerial Yoga in Faversham, the venue is often locked a few minutes prior to the start of session; you will therefore not be able to enter the building if late.
• If you miss sessions, or are refused entry owing to lateness, you will NOT be refunded for those sessions.
Missed Classes & Catch-ups
Catch-up sessions are offered when spaces permit – i.e. when someone tells me they cannot attend their space will be offered as a catch-up. If you do not give me enough notice to offer your space, you may not qualify for a catch-up! Spaces are emailed out to those on the classes to claim on a first-come-first-served basis. On occasion the missed sessions can be carried over to the following term, so long as full payment has been made.
Teaching at Airhedz
• Airhedz is a privately run aerial training facility founded and funded by Tina Carter. Whilst she appreciates students’ excitement at learning and sharing new skills, for safety reasons this is not permitted in the space.
• Only Airhedz appointed staff are permitted to teach aerial skills in the Airhedz aerial sessions. The courses are designed and implemented carefully by appropriately experienced and trained tutors. Airhedz therefore does not allow student-to-student teaching.
Photography & Filming
• Please do NOT video or photograph students or Airhedz staff during classes. If you wish to have photographs of yourself taken at some point, please talk to your course tutor beforehand.
• Please do NOT video or photograph anyone in the space without their EXPLICIT permission.
• Airhedz staff or appointed photographers may on occasion video/photograph for publicity of its classes sharing them on Twitter, Facebook, and Airhedz.co.uk etc. If you would rather NOT be photographed, please let staff know at the time.
Late & Non-Payment
• As spaces are limited in all our courses, we require payment in advance to guarantee places.
• It may be possible for those known to us, to have alternative arrangements; please talk to Tina about this.
• As Airhedz is a small, self-funded entity, we cannot afford non-payment. Please be advised that we will seek legal advice for any non-payment of fees.
• Once a course has been booked and paid for, reimbursement for lack of attendance is usually not offered. Any repayment will be considered on a case-by-case basis, but rarely on part-attendance of a course.
• Please note that confirmation of participation will mean you have to pay for each place in full before the course begins. Places are non-transferable, and non-refundable.
Booking & Cancellation Policy
Please note that once payment has been made, no refunds or reimbursements are made unless at Airhedz discretion.
Due to the timely and specialised nature of these events and the limited number of spaces on offer, the 14-day cooling off period available on many purchases does not automatically apply. If you require 14 days to consider your options then please state this before booking a place. We can pencil a place in for you, but cannot guarantee it if others agree to commit to the place in that time. This is due to our courses being offered as a leisure activity, occurring on specific dates and being of very limited number.
For further information visit: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/changed-your-mind/cancelling-a-service-youve-arranged/